Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Survey Says…Teens Use Condoms More Than Adults

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t many adults consider teens irresponsible? As a teen myself, I think we deserve a lot more credit. Why, you ask? Well, an extensive study of American’s sexual activity found that condom use is common for sexually active teens. Eighty percent of sexually active guys and 69 percent of sexually active girls said they used a condom the last time they had intercourse. In contrast, over 90 percent of men over the age of 50 did not use a condom during their last sexual encounter with a date or friend. And seventy percent of that same group did not use a condom when they had intercourse with a stranger. It looks like we teens make smart decisions after all.
Of course, not every teen in America is having sex. However, those that are sexually active are making healthy decisions and practicing safer sex. Are teens really so irresponsible? I don’t think so. In fact, teens are more responsible about using condoms than adults. Now I really understand why some adults say, “Do as I say, not as I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment